Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Silent

I have been refraining myself from talking to people. Don’t want to whine. I don’t mind people knowing that I’m unhappy and demotivated – but I just don’t feel like repeating the tale again and again.

The best that I can do now…
1. Remind myself that I’m not in the worst situation. I’m not the only one who doesn’t know when I’ll move to my next location. I’m not the only one who worked hard yet not being appreciated. I have been lucky to get a good boss so now I’ll just have to accept the fact that not all bosses are that nice to work with. I’m not the only one who’s working in a messy project team. And… at least my performance factor is not that bad.
2. I need to re-strategize. My old strategy doesn’t seem to work well. Instead of appreciating the additional value that I bring to the company, my bosses seemed to think that I’m not doing enough for my day job as I’m being distracted by my “extra-curricular activities”. They don’t seem to understand that my problem is not the workload of piled up drawings and reports – but the unstable organization that makes me one day a graduate engineer, and next day the acting lead engineer. All these transitions day in day out is driving me mad.
3. Stop worrying about things that are out of my control – put them all aside and focus on work and life! I only have 4 months left in KL, which is another reason that I’m feeling uneasy.

Anyway thanks to MV, BS and Garfield… for listening/distracting/letting me to vent…

P/S: This is the first time that I’m writing blog in office =P

2 comments:

putojin said...

I'm in a worse situation compared to yours. And I had written a few of my blogs in office :)

Brian's Mama said...

Haha... I'm feeling much better now. I guess I just have to accept whatever is happening/given to me, or I'll have to work hard and fight for something better...