Thursday, July 9, 2009

Time - Interview with Robert Kiyosaki

Was reading this while waiting for my laptop to start up:


Some of the highlights/keywords:
* DISCIPLINE, determination, drive
* That's how you get wiser - by hanging out with smart people
* I don't know how you can expect to get anything you want without some degree of long-term commitment
* All I talk about is money... but my decision to live in a safer community or have better good - it's all based upon money
* Flipping is gambling

The word "discipline" appeared 4 times in the one page interview.

This article hit me because yesterday morning, I just had a conversation with a senior who's getting higher pay than me, but his savings till now is less than the amount that I've invested in stocks and property in the 1st half of this year. I was very shocked to find out that he hardly saved. He told me he just prefers to enjoy life. I told him, yeah, sometimes I do get lost, wondering why people around me who gets paid less than me are driving bigger car, while I'm thinking that mcD is too expensive.

DISCIPLINE - I'm determined that delayed yet greater gratification is the way to go.

No comments: